Sunday, October 23, 2005

A few days on the country I’m a bit of a fan of Boutique Hotels. Small, often one off establishments that offers great food, fabulous accommodation and fawning service. So to celebrate Karen finishing her OU exams, my new job and selling the house we spend a few nights at the Cotswold House in Chipping Campden, oh and we could take the Izzy. Having visited a few of these types of hotel and Karen having been in the travel business we do tend to set the standards rather high; and why not? They ain’t exactly cheap. Cotswold House has obviously had a huge amount of money spent on it and don’t get me wrong we had a great time, but when compared to some of the others we’ve been too it’s missing something. The devil as always is in the detail and this is the problem, the décor is a bit tired in places, nothing you’d normally notice but Karen spots this stuff straight away, fixtures needing a bit of TLC and some odd room layouts. And it’s probably over priced by about 25 to 30%. Again don’t get me wrong it’s not bad, it’s just not the best and at this price point it should be, but I suspect that the location alone sells it to most visitors.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As good as Babington or not?
The room prices seem even steeper and much as I loved Babington I did struggle to justify the cost - fab as a one-off but not sure I'd go back..

10/31/2005 05:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home