Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Don't let the bells end! It’s the shortest day in the year so it must be my birthday. The last few weeks since the beginning of the month have been interesting to say the least and I think I’ll start with the best bit. On Saturday I went to the Fasthost Christmas Party in Gloucester, not you might expect a unique event as it is almost Crimbo and companies on occasion have parties. This one however was quite different as we flew there by helicopter and the band was The Darkness. As expected they did indeed rock and Dan Hawkins and I shook hands not once but twice. Here’s hoping some of that rock magic dust has rubbed off on me. Mrs C suggested she’d found her new favourite way of getting about and I agree helicopters are brilliant; sadly they’re not on the car scheme. A big, very big, thanks to Matt Winwood for the invite, it’s going to be tough to top it I can tell ya! I’m settling into my new role as the Development Manager for MS Partners interesting in mobility. All the Partners I’ve met have been friendly, enthusiastic and I’ve seen some very clever things done with MS powered handhelds. Now Mobile 5 is here that will only get better. Speaking of handhelds my current favourite is the HTC Wizard, AKA the T-Mobile MDA, QTEK 9100, O2 XDA mini S. It sits rather neatly between a full size PDA and a Smartphone. Support for GPRS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and the slide out thumb board means I can use it as a portable data centric device buts it’s small enough to be as unobtrusive as this kind of device can be. Not sure if I mentioned it but my beloved M Coupe now has a new owner and I’ve been without wheels for about three weeks. It’s quiet liberating really and as I can spend most of my time in the London office, or the Barnes one if I want too, it’s not been a problem. I will have to get an alternative four wheeled vehicular convenience at some point so if anyone knows an Audi S6 Avant or a BMW 540 Touring going spare let me know. Karen passed the first year of her OU Psychology degree with flying colours, well done Mrs C! Any athletes looking for a Sports Psychologist for the 2012 Olympics should apply now. So dear readers have a great Christmas and see you in the new year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home