Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Epiphone Supernova

After much scratching of chins and reading of reviews, not to mention finding a good price I decided on a Epiphone Supernova with a Union Flag custom paint finish. I've always liked semi acoustics after seeing Bill Nelson with one years ago, and if it's good enough for Bill it's more than I'll ever need. Yes it's based on an Epiphone Sheraton as used by Noel Gallagher, but the Gallagher signature on the scratch plate will soon wear off. As a huge fan of guitars this probably won't be the last one I get and if a bargain comes up on eBay another Epiphone, but this time a Les Paul Gold Top '56 reissue, will join the Supernova. It's a great looking piece of kit and for a 'budget' guitar on initial inspection well put together, only time will tell if smart Union Flag finish stands up. I've seen comments that the action was quite high and it looks as if Epiphone has listened as the action on this Supernova is a low and easy, or maybe I'm used to the warped neck on my AWOL Squier Bullet, so anything is an improvement. I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet but the hollow body makes a nice sound.

Oh and it came with a rather smart hardcase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home