Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Working for Microsoft is interesting on a number of levels. Firstly everyone I speak to as part of my job is interested in what I have to say, even if they don’t necessarily agree with it. Secondly I read and hear lots of stuff about the company that causes me to smile as it’s more often than not bollocks. Now I don’t often feel compelled to blog about MS, there’s already enough people doing that and I’m not sure there’s much more I can add but as this is something that made me laugh why not? I’ve seen recently is an article in Wired, with the usual journalistic device of the unnamed source, about MS management telling iPod users at Microsoft to stop. Well the hundreds of iPod users in the UK, of which I count myself, feel left out because they haven’t bother telling us, nor I suspect would they. Whilst the company does promote Windows Media Format players internally it doesn’t in anyway suggest that owning an iPod is verboten, besides I can imagine the colourful responses they’d get if they did. So to anyone who asks…yes I work for Microsoft and I own an iPod. If anyone wants an argument as to why they know where to find me. However I guess all this beats my previous job where people thought I worked for a small Norfolk based sport car manufacturer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr Ports said...

* Gasp * You worked for TVR! Can I suggest that you change your settings to allow folk to post comments without having to register with Blogger.com. Anonymous posts are of course a two edged sword - but I don't think you have anything to worry about. And the level of comments since you introduced the "registered users only" rule seem to have dropped quite a lot. (Although it did make me create my own blog http://mrports.blogspot.com/ so maybe your move for people to create Blogger.com Web Logs rather than using MSN is working :-)

2/09/2005 02:54:00 am  
Blogger Tony C said...

Anonymous comments now enabled....

2/09/2005 10:44:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop using your iPod now - or you're sacked.

Love

The Boss

2/12/2005 10:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home