Tuesday, January 18, 2005

As I mentioned the other day one of the things I’ve picked up again after a long break, if twenty years can be called a ‘break’, is the guitar. I played a little bit back at school and university and I was frankly crap. Well a twenty year hiatus hasn’t changed that but despite the sore and still rather clumsy fingers I’m really enjoying and it and even after a few weeks seem to be making some progress. Like most things you’re not use to ‘little and often’ seems the best approach, which translates to 15 to 20 mins a day. Which is about right ‘cos anymore and the fingers hurt, although already the tips on left hand are noticeably harder than the ones on the right. My trusty Squier Bullet has brushed up nicely although the pickups have yellowed over the years and the chrome is well past its best on the machine heads. Not bad for what is a level entry guitar. So level entry in fact Squier now only do in one colour Henry Ford style and have removed the tremolo arm to keep the cost down. It still makes a reasonable sound and fortunately is still straight despite languishing in the loft for sometime. I suppose at some point I might want to move up to a more quality piece of kit, nothing too grand maybe a low cost Epiphone or something. The Les Paul Gold Top copies look very ‘rock and roll’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home