Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I am a man of simple needs; decent wine, good food and a regular fix of ‘gadgetoir’. The latest fix is a new Pocket PC or more precisely an Orange SPV M1000 to replace the now out of date Orange SPV ‘Classic’. It runs Windows 2003 Mobile Phone Edition so I get email and web browsing via GPRS and even…wait for it…use it as a phone. Luckly my employer is far sighted enough to include a GPRS service with these devices so I can do the previously mentioned web browsing, email or playing ‘Snails’ whenever I’m not in the office. Come to think of it if I can track down a VGA adaptor, you can get them to plug in either SD or CF slots, then I don’t even have to take my laptop with me if I need to do a presentation. And it doesn’t end there. It supports Bluetooth so I could, bank manager willing, add the Tomtom 3 Sat Nav system for use in the car which uses a Bluetooth enabled GPS receiver with 3D maps and voice commands on the M1000. PocketGPS will also let you download speed camera info with integrates into the Tomtom maps. All I need now is the optional Latte Maker and Kylie Minogue and I’m sorted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home