Thursday, May 13, 2004

At long last the M Coupe has gone back to BMW to have the work carried out that was first flagged up back in February, and after being told to 'sod off' by BMW Sytner Sheffield who I purchased the car from I've been counting on BMW Park West to help out. It's been shaky as trying to get the two dealers to talk each other has been the motoring equivalent of herding moggies. Whilst I knew the car was not perfect when it went to Park West, the Vanos was indeed faulty which has lead to the cam chain to rattle and wear, I was surprised to find the steering rack leaked fluid and the head gasket weeped engine oil. Jeez, this car is only eight months from being part of the BMW Approved Used Car scheme so either it's a statistical anomaly that all this stuff should go at the same time or Sytner didn't do their job properly. Guess which one I reckon it was. Luckily this is all under warranty so it'll be gratis, off the top of my head the work will be the best part of five grand to put right without it. Dont get me wrong I love the car to bits, one minute behind the wheel and you realise just how boring 99.9999999% of all other cars are, but BMW need to sort out their processes and customer service, it's a real mixed bag of the good and the bloody awful. They have given me a 318i Auto Saloon (sedan to our US friends) to drive around for the time being. As Mrs C pointed out...worthy but boy is it dull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home