Saturday, May 29, 2004

After almost three weeks I've got the M Coupe back from BMW and they've have given me back a different car. It looks like mine, even has the same number plate and they cleverly replaced the CDs with the ones I left in the changer but it feels very, very different. OK so what did they do? Well the Vanos for one and all the associated bits and pieces. Replaced the power steering rack. Replaced the cam cover gaskets. Re-gassed the aircon. Replaced the fan shroud clips so it doesn’t rattle. Inspection One but stamped as post Inspection 2 Oilservice due to the amount of work carried out. They did lots of other stuff too but I’m still awaiting the full paper work and engineers notes. Cost to be confirmed but estimated at on or abouts £3000. Cost to me £121 for Inspection One parts, BMW Park West covered the labour. So BMW Sytner 0, BMW Park West 10. Park West has despite the long wait seemingly come up trumps, they have done a significant amount of non-warranty work and not charged me for it. I’ve learnt a number of things from this experience. Firstly BMW dealers are a real mixed bag and they live and die by the quality of their service departments. Selling new cars is easy, keeping existing customers happy is not and some dealerships still don’t get it. The BMW Approved Used Car Scheme is again only as good as the dealership who sells the used car, the car I purchased should have left Sytner in is as perfect a condition as a three year old car could be. I drove around in a car that was off colour but I still thought it was a good, but only now do I understand just how great a car it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home