Sunday, July 20, 2003

I was watching the TV in my hotel room, as you do, channel hopping as much of what was on was awful. That's what happens when you let market forces run rampant in TV land, where's the public service broadcasting 'fer christ sake. Anyway I digress. I stopped flicking when I found what looked like an American version of 'Top Gear' and I thought I'd get the low down and what's hot and what's not car wise this side of the Atlantic. After about ten minutes I became suspicious as a bunch of talking heads kept on about how great GMC (General Motors Corporation) SUV's where, in fact what I'd stumbled upon was a 30 minute infomercial. I should have sussed 'em earlier when one guy suggested that the GMC Yukon, please take a look and you'll see what I mean, was a thing of beauty a vehicle that turned heads; stomachs maybe but not heads. It's a garden shed on wheels, OK a shed with lots of chrome but still a shed. Maybe 'barn' would be a better description.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home