Friday, July 18, 2003

Rather than write a long missive about the MGB (Microsoft Group Briefing) I thought I'd do a bullet list as stuff comes to mind to give you a flavour of the "Deep South". • New Orleans is very hot in July. Very hot. • I've seen the "Monkey Dance"…'nuff said. • Bourbon Street is worth a visit; well probably more than one, 'The BBC' and 'Cat Mieow' are not to be missed. • Bill Gates surprised me. I was waiting to be unimpressed, I wasn’t. He’s almost cool. • I want a 'Windows Media Center'…it's very, very smart. • Funny how SUVs look normal on American roads, probably 'cos every other four wheeled vehicle is an SUV. • 'Longhorn' looks amazing, it really does. • Not sure I'm allowed to talk about 'Longhorn'. • Way too much junk food. • The proper food in the restaurants is not bad though, especially the fish. • Microsofties are generally an enthusiastic friendly bunch. • Who is Ernest N Morial and why does he have a convention centre named after him? • Americans get excited far too easily. Must be the sugary food. • I’ve discovered Spiced Rum. The relationship will not be an easy one. Oh for those of you who remember him I saw Trevor Ward the other night, he’s just joined as the ‘Group Leader: Information Worker’. Might have to start a club here for ex-Loti, more and more seem to turn up everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home