Sunday, May 18, 2003

In a few weeks I must say a tearful goodbye to my PT Cruiser, the lease company want it back now that I'm changing jobs. So as part of the grieving process I thought I'd say a few words. The retro looks combined with estate car pragmatism makes for a great combination and you'd have to spend ten times the money to get a car that attracts so many comments, glances or starts so many conversations in car parks. It's boringly practical and despite the curvy shape they have managed to create a tardis like amount of interior space, oh and the wacky parcel shelf thingy is very useful to. I've really enjoyed having it but there's one or two things the boffins at Chrysler need to sort out. The 2 litre lump is too unrefined and gets noisy when pushed, a car that looks this cool really needs a larger and lazier motor and the service intervals are shorter than a politicans promise. 6500 miles might be OK in the US where servicing is cheap but here in the UK it's annoying and potentially wallet wobbling. Would I have another one? One day maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home