Wednesday, May 14, 2003

With all this spare time on my hands, what with gardening leave and everything it's given me a chance to catch up on some of the as yet unwatched DVDs filling the space underneath the TV. These generally are the ones classified as 'series' or 'not movie' and ones the missus has an aversion to, Joe 90 for example. One of them is a relatively unknown comedy called The High Life and it's an absolute gem. When first shown in 1995 it was poorly promoted by the BBC and aired in the graveyard shift on BBC2, don't ask me why when they give us prime time tosh like My Hero but hey ho and for some odd reason the BBC only commissioned one series. "Oh dearie me!!" It starred Alan Cumming and Forbes Masson as two of Air Scotia's useless cabin crew. If you like comedy that's camp, packed with witty dialogue and has more double entendres than is healthy then it's well worth a purchase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home