Thursday, June 05, 2003

Monday was my first day but I thought I'd wait a few before sharing my initial impressions. As expected it's been a bit of a whirl and I've already forgotten the names of most of the people I've met, such is the problem when you join a new company but they have been universally friendly and always willing to help out with the typical dumb questions like "Wheres the loo?". The MS head office at Thames Valley Park is very, very impressive with everything on site from a rather good restaurant, three coffee bars, a deli, a place to go for a massage, lots of Xboxs to play on, a nursery if you bring your children to work, which includes emergency places if visiting customers need to do likewise, pool tables, flat widescreen televisions everywhere, a wireless network, more AV kit than you can shake a stick at and swanky new Executive Briefing Centre. It is like a breath of fresh air to work for a company that has a more egalitarian approach to it's employees. And thats another thing...need new kit like peripherals for your laptop, phone etc? No problem...just ask. I even like Outlook 2003...been using beta 2...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home