Saturday, February 08, 2003

My career as a radio pundit started and also sadly ended today as I took part in a debate about the war in Iraq for Radio 4’s rather excellent weekly news programme Broadcasting House, and I’m not just saying that because I’m on it. As someone who doesn’t have a firm view on the virtues or not of a war in Iraq I was asked to join in a debate with two public figures who do. They were, and I don’t think he’ll mind me for saying this the veteran left wing journalist and author Paul Foot and Michael Gove the right of centre commentator and assistant editor of the Times. We got to say why we are still one of the small number of people who are undecided about a bun fight in Iraq, they got to put their positions and we then got to ask them questions, all of course under the watchful eye of Eddie Mair. What stuck me about both Paul Foot and Micheal Gove was what thoroughly likeable people they were and Eddie Mair is as charming and witty as you imagine him to be. Listen to me make an arse of myself by going to the listen again section of the BH website or catch it tomorrow morning at 9:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home