Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Now I've discovered baseball I've been hunting around for a suitable representation of the sport to play on Xbox.  The lucky Americans get half a dozen titles some of which are excellent, the latest ESPN Major League Baseball being of particular note, but here in Blighty and our superior PAL screens we get zip, nada, nothing, apart from the average All Star Baseball.  I shall continue digging. I've also been looking at the new Apple Airport Express hoping it could be a useful add on to the Mini iPod, but it seems not.  It is in short a wireless access point that allows you play music via iTunes on your laptop through any stereo system.  But Apple seems to have missed the point.  Firstly the Airport Express doesn’t come with any of the necessary cables, the laptop connects wirelessly but outputs from the AA to the stereo are by either standard audio or optical cables, so you need to buy those separately.  Secondly there’s no way to use an iPod in this setup which strikes me as a glaring omission.  Another thing that shows that Apple still don’t quite get it are the rather fabulous Apple Pro Speakers but guess what?  The sodding things don’t come with a standard 3mm jack so you can’t plug into a PC or wait for it...an iPod for gawds sake, only G4 iMac or Power Mac G4 users need bother.  Don’t get me wrong I love my Mini iPod but it’s little details that, as Merrill Chapman puts it, ensure Apple will remain “The worlds largest irrelevant $6 billion company”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home