Thursday, November 13, 2003

Still being in a I've-got-a new-car-kinda-mood (even though it's three years old) I've been like a moth to a flickering 40 watt bulb about anything to do with BMW 'M' cars. As if on cue this months TopGear Magazine does a comparison of all 20 cars produced by BMW's M Division. Yes for the pedants out there's a few that were missing but none of them were for the UK market...so ner! The M Coupe came a very credible 4th and shared the top spots with some very exulted company. However I can’t say I agree with the final placing; here’s why. 3rd. The current M3 Coupe. Very nice car but rather too ubiquitous for my taste and I'm not sure the ‘bling bling’ image is for me either. 2nd. The outgoing M5. With a 400bhp V8 it’s the daddy. If God drove a saloon car, I think it would be one of these. 1st. The new M3 CSL. Er...if you have a spare £60K to drop on a track toy then maybe. It's not a real world car by any stretch of the imagination and in reality no quicker than a standard M3 on normal roads. Cardboard boot floor anyone? My totally biased opinion would put the M5 first and the M Coupe second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home